[join] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to bring in contact, connect, or bring or put together: to join hands; to join pages with a staple.
The Punahou74 40th Reunion Committee looks for classmates to join it in bringing the upcoming reunion to fruition.
With the reunion schedule and basic events decided, it was time to flush out the details.
Now’s the time to raise your helpful hand. There is a big need for assistance with the Friday Night Cocktail Hour. Can you lend a hand?
Here are event subcommittees and the classmates who are overseeing the effort. Bold subcommittees are the ones where the greatest assistance is needed.
- Check-in table (Tom Farrell) — We hope to have at least six people for this spot so volunteers will not be tied to the table but can rotate their duties thus allowing time to enjoy the event.
- Emcee and sidekick (Paul Goto)
- Opening Prayer (Ralph Aona)
- Flowers Set-Up (Babs Miyano Young) — Need some help arranging the flowers at the party site on Thursday, June 12.
- Flower Donations (Babs Miyano Young) — Looking for flower and greenery donations. These will be needed the day before the event, Thursday, June 12. We ask that donations be dropped off at the party location site.
- Set Up and Take Down Supervision (Lynette Lo Tom)
- Door Prizes (Debbie Nogami Oyama) — Looking for door prizes to make the night more fun. Have something to advertise your business or a craft item to share? Now’s your chance to shine before your classmates!
- Directional Signage for Friday and Sunday (Bruce Ashford)
- Nametags (Scott Metcalf) — Need help with scanning, checking spelling, assembling, alphabetizing, etc.
To make things easy, please volunteer by email here (questions accepted at the same address). Your query will be forwarded to the subcommittee head.
Another highlight of the evening was merchandise evaluations. As you can imagine, the opinions were many regarding what would be sold. Hope we made some good choices for you!
The pictures here show classmates taking a look at what will soon be available for purchase. We have decided to keep the 35th reunion logo–with an updated year of course. Not only will this step enhance our branding efforts, but it will keep costs down (the embroidery plate is already made) and will make things easier for our loyal class artist, Babs.
Another highlight was the announcement of a class service trip to Kahoolawe. This is a chance to see a rarely enjoyed island. Let us know if you will be traveling with us.
For more specifics and to review the meeting minutes click here: FebClassReunionMeeting, All available meeting minutes are archived under the 40th reunion tab (see above) for your review and consideration.